Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Introduction

I wanted to start this blog with a little introduction. The purpose of the this blog will be both to document and share my experience as a ballet adult beginner. The focus will be on my personal experience as an adult beginner, but I will also be posting about other ballet related things. My ballet class starts on June 25, 2012 and I'm super excited to share my experience with anyone who is interested in following me on this journey. Thanks for stopping by :)

P.S. If you would like to follow me on my journey please subscribe :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy I saw this. I also began ballet as an adult. Actually I just started 3 weeks ago and I am 33 yers old. I love ballet, but never got the chance to take classes. My daughter has been doing ballet for 2.5 years and I finally took the cpurage to ask for an adult class. Her studio was very open to start a class for adults, and right now we are 4 in the class, the youngest being 26 years old.
    My goal is to dance on pointe before I turn 40. Lol. I know I won't be a prima ballerina, and that is not my goal. My goal is to accomplish a dream I had since I was a child, and enjoy the process. I have to admitt Ballet is harder than I thought! But I won't quit!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yansel, I'm glad you got your daughter's studio to start an adult ballet class, that's awesome! My studio has 2 adult beginner classes on pointe, and my instructor says on average it takes 2yrs or more, so you're goal is definitely possible! I'm trying to adjust my schedule at the moment because I really want to dance on pointe as well, and I know taking more classes will help get me there sooner. I've also been doing a lot of research and reading books, online forums, watching dvd's etc, and will be writing about anything that seems to be helping. Thanks for stopping by and please check in every once in a while and let me know how you're doing :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete